Rom Side Changes:
- August security patch
- The boot animation now follows Monet color theme as well
- Other misc fixes
Etude kernel: Op.12 No.4:
- Linux 4.9.325
- merged LA.UM.10.3.r1-01700-sdm845.0 into techpack/audio
- fixed a race condition in qcom’s early random pool initialization
- re-enabled qcom’s early random initialization
- cleaned up several unused drivers and firmware in kernel
- dropped unnecessary virtual framebuffer support
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
Device Side Changes:
- Dropped the unnecessary virtual framebuffer from kernel cmdline
- Removed the boot-time IO read ahead tuning and settled on a static read-ahead value for dm devices
- Google claims that some of the values may not be properly reset after boot, so an aggressively large boot-time read-ahead value may persist after boot and incur more memory pressure
- Fixed the issue of “Optimization profile” app list sometimes not showing all the apps
- also improved the layout and the overall smoothness when scrolling
- Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
- You can dirty flash from my previous PE 12 / 12.1 builds. You can dirty flash the Plus edition on top of PE 12 / 12.1 regular builds.
- You cannot upgrade from android 11 directly. Formatting data is required.
- Clean Flash is MANDATORY if flashing for first time!
- Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
- Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
- If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
- OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
- Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!