PixelExperience 12 Febraury Update Beryllium
- February security patch
- Brought back Face Unlock, and it also works in apps using the standard biometric authentication mechanism
- Fixed some statusbar paddings
- Translation updates and misc bug fixes
- Brought back qcom wfd implementation
- Properly disabled surfaceflinger backpressure propagation to reduce jank in certain scenarios
- Updated adreno blobs from LA.UM.9.3.r1-02700-sdm845.0
- Updated parts to newer APIs like TaskStackListener and TaskInfo
- also fixed some harmless log spams caused by SElinux
- Whitelisted an intent broadcast for the new ims.apk
- Dropped obsolete eBPF prop
- Implemented a boost after fingerprint authentication to speed up the unlocking process and avoid animation janks
Etude kernel: Op.12 No.2:
- Linux 4.9.303 and CAF tag LA.UM.10.3.r1-00900-sdm845.0
- upstreamed generic locking/refcount from 4.14
- ported arm64-specific fast refcount checking
- enabled HID WACOM driver
- wireguard 1.0.20211208
- DO NOT use another kernel. Just don’t.
- Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
- Clean Flash is MANDATORY if flashing for first time!
- Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
- Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
- If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
- OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
- Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!